If you are sailing from the Horizon, City or Mayflower Terminals and you are looking for easy, convenient car parking AB Car Parks may be a good option for you.
I have personally used AB parking many times and would recommend it. It isn’t the cheapest option but is very convenient.
These car parks are owned by Associated British Ports, and they say:
You can only park in AB car parks if you are sailing with:
- Celebrity Cruises
- Disney Cruise Line
- Fred Olsen
- Marella Cruises
- Oceania Cruises
- Royal Caribbean
- Saga Cruises
Booking with AB Car Parks
To book with AB Car Parks, go to their website, and enter at the top of the page your:
- Departure date
- Cruise Line
- Ship name
The website will then give you a price, and the details of the exact car park you will be parking in, and how to find it.
How to Find the Correct AB Car Park for Your ship
Your booking will show full details of where you should be parking, this depends on the ship you are cruising on.
You’ll need to print your booking confirmation and leave it on your dashboard.
Long Stay Car Parks are located in the Western Docks and are accessed by either Dock Gate 8 for City Cruise Terminal and Dock Gate 10 for Horizon Cruise Terminal and Mayflower Terminal.
The Car Parks are directly adjacent to the terminal and easy to find.
Self Parking Car Park
You park your car yourself. There are usually staff on hand to guide you to a spot. You then take your keys with you.
Your car is parked in a secure, open-air compound.
Will My Car Be Safe in an AB Car Park?
- On-site car parks are operated by the owners of the Port of Southampton with dedicated facilities used only by cruise passengers. They are locked when not in use.
- They have 24-hour security on site. They check all car parks are locked and monitored on a daily basis.
- The Car Park has a Police-approved “Park Mark Safer Parking Award.” These Car Parks are proven to be safer for vehicles and people. They are checked and passed annually by a Police Assessor.
In my experience, AB parking is as safe as possible.
Things to Consider before booking AB Car Parks
- Each cruise line uses a different terminal and car park.
- You must book the correct car park by entering the ship and dates you are travelling on their website.
- If you do not do this, you may be turned away from the car park and refused access!
- Your car needs to fit in a standard-sized parking space. If you take up more than one space they will apply additional charges.
- They do not accept caravans or motor homes.
If you have limited mobility, this car park could be a good option for you.
It is as close as you are going to get to the ship – and if you book a disabled/blue badge spot, you are able to take a mobility scooter with you.
Would I Book With AB Car Parks again?
I have parked in AB Car Parks a number of times, it is certainly a very, easy and convenient option. Usually, the AB park employees will take your suitcases from your car so there’s no need to drop them off at the terminal building yourself.
Understandably, as it is an official cruise car park, and very close to the ship, the charges are usually more than some of the other car parking options available.
If time and convenience are important to you, this is a good choice.
To look at other Southampton Cruise Parking options, check out the post below:
Southampton Cruise Parking Compared – (Prices, Locations, REAL REVIEWS)
Taking a Cruise: Recommendations and Resources
Book a Cruise
Get Travel Insurance
Free Insiders Cruise Line Guide
Ever wondered how the mainstream cruise lines compare? Cruise lines won’t tell you this, but I will.
This FREE guide shows you everything you need to know to find your perfect cruise line.